The Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society is an independent, non-profit making charity, established in 1973 to promote and encourage awareness of the Scottish architect and designer, Charles Rennie Mackintosh. The Society has over 1500 members across the world with active affiliate groups arranging local events in, Bath, London and the SE, North East of England, North West of England and Japan, and an associate group in Port Vendres.
In 1999, the Society became owner and long-term custodian of The Mackintosh Church at Queen's Cross. Membership of the Society provides a unique opportunity to support the only church built to Charles Rennie Mackintosh's design.
The core aims of the Society are:
▪ to support the conservation, preservation, maintenance and improvement of buildings and artefacts designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh and his contemporaries
▪ to advance public education in the works of Charles Rennie Mackintosh by means of exhibitions, lectures and productions of an educational nature
and in furtherance thereof but not otherwise THE SOCIETY shall seek:-
▪ to maintain and develop our Headquarters at Queen’s Cross Church
▪ to service and develop the membership of THE SOCIETY
▪ to sustain and promote the long-term viability of THE SOCIETY
For more information about the Society, please contact us or apply online.
Stuart Robertson FRSA
Director, Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society
The CRM Society has Charitable Status Reference No. SC012497
Registered in Scotland Company No. SC293107